With the thrust to fully Institutionalized all PNP Offices/units on the implementation of the PNP P.A.T.R.O.L. Plan 2030 and to further equip the IEP Audit Teams with necessary competencies, this office headed by the undersigned conducted a three-day virtual activity entitled Institutionalization Evaluation Process Auditors Refreshers Training held on October 5-7, 2021 at the Sinagtala P.A.T.R.O.L.ers Hall, CPSM, Camp BGen Rafael T Crame, Quezon City.
The training was supervised by the our Chief of Staff, PCOL CARLITO M GACES and co-facilitated by Mr. Pol B. Mirafuentes, president of Center for Internal Audit Services Philippine (CIAS) who also acted as guest lecturer together with other IEP auditors: PCPT LEO MIKHAIL P MENESES, for Element 1, Analysis and Examination of Strategy Execution; PLTCOL WESLEY JOHN R GONZALES for Elements 2 and 6, Initiative Management and Breakthrough Results, respectively; PCOL ERCY NANETTE P MADRIAGA, for Element 3, Functionality of Strategy Partners; PLTCOL JOEL R CORPUZ, for Element 4, Implementation and Sharing of Best Practices and Good Governance; and PLTCOL MA ANGELA M SALAYA, for Element 5, Strategy Communication.
The training was attended by 106 participants divided into two batches – batch 1 composed of 30 participants that have prior knowledge to performance and documentary audit and batch 2 composed of 76 participants that has lesser knowledge on the subject matter.
The following were the highlights of the training:
October 5, 2021 (Tuesday) DAY 1
1) Opening Ceremony led by the undersigned that includes the introduction of guest lecturer by PCOL VICTOR V AREVALO, Deputy Director, CPSM;
2) Mr. Mirafuentes discussion on three main important part of the training namely, Organizing the Audit Team, Audit Planning Process and Performing the Audit and Introduction to Audit Paper Works;
3) PLTCOL GONZALES presentation of the Overview of the Institutionalization Evaluation Process (IEP);
4) PCPT MENESES lessons on the Analysis and Examination of Strategy Execution;
5) Team discussions via breakout rooms and open forum.
October 6, 2021 (Wednesday) DAY 2
1) Mr. Mirafuentes discussion on the Overview of the Mandatory elements in the Performance Audit.
2) Initiative Management discussion by PLTCOL GONZALES,
3) PCOL MADRIAGA presentation of the Functionality of Strategy Partners;
4) Implementation and Sharing of Best Practices and Good Governance discussion by PLTCOL CORPUZ;
5) PLTCOL SALAYA lesson on the Stakeholder Communication
6) Open forum on relevant issues and concerns.
October 7, 2021 (Thursday) DAY 3
1) PLTCOL GONZALES discussion on Validating the Breakthrough Results;
2) PLTCOL CORPUZ lesson on Computing the Audit Rating, Preparing of the Exit Briefing, Writing the Formal Audit Report, and Revalida Preparation; and
3) Mr. Mirafuentes open forum facilitation for participants to ask relevant questions to IEP followed by his discussion on the Making the Final Assessment and Communicating the Results.
During the closing program, PLTGEN DIONARDO B CARLOS, TCDS/Chairman, TWG for P.A.T.R.O.L Plan 2030 graced the occasion that includes presentation of certificate of appreciation to the guest lecturer and the handover of certificates of completion to Batch 1 participants.